Archive for the ‘Newsletters’ Category
Its nearly that time of year again where we head off to NYC for the Spring 2014 bridal market, April 21st and 22nd. Choosing the right gowns and accessories to carry in the boutique is an incredibly important task and we’d love your help and input so follow along with us on social media to let us know what you think of our finds from all our fabulous designers!
A few of our favorite things?! A groom in uniform and a gorgeous bride in a lace dress, not to mention the snowflakes on her eyelashes. We cannot stop stareing at these incredible images from Caitlin and Matt’s November nuptials.
This months Pretty Post has transported us to this special day thanks to famed photographers Justin & Mary, who’s journalistic approach told this timeless love story through the images above. The setting could not have been more perfect- both the ceremony and reception were help on Yale’s prestigious campus during the season’s first snow. We love how Matt’s Navy uniform complements the strapless lace gown worn by his bride, which was designed by Anne Barge. Her look was topped off by a matching laced lined veil and chinchilla fur both by Modern Trousseau. The bride looks beautiful (but may not have kept all that warm) in her gorgeous Badgley Mischka heels. And we love how Caitlin’s soft bridal makeup, by Jennie Fresa, just lights up in the freshly fallen snow.
Diana from Jubilee Events saw too it that every detail was perfect- and that it was- Including, the gorgeous arrangements from Datura: a modern garden. We adore how they ‘pop’ against the deep stained wood and collegiate details of the reception hall.
We know that many of you are long done with winter and cannot wait for warmer weather (we are anticipating it too) but we hope this wedding reminds you of how utterly magical the freshly fallen snow can be- we know it has surely enchanted us!
Congratulations to Caitlin & Matt and their newly joined families!
Venue: Yale University
Event Styling & Coordination: Diana from Jubilee Events
Floral Design: Datura, A Modern Garden
Beauty: Jennie Fresa Beauty Library
Baker: Marjolaine’s Pastry
Caterer: Emily’s Catering
Music: Play Something Good
Photography: Justin & Mary
As you read this post, the design team at Connecticut based Modern Trousseau is hard at work putting the finishing touches on their latest bridal collection- using one of a kind fabrics, laces and techniques to design a collection that never disappoints.
This year, we are extremely honored and excited to announce that several of the Spring 2014 Bridal Collection (as in never-before-seen gowns) will be on hand for our trunk show April 11th through the 13th before being revealed to buyers and press the following week. This is a unique opportunity for our clients- you can try and on and purchase your dream dress months before any other bride even lays eyes
on it! To make things even better, designer, Callie Tein will be on hand to assist you in selecting and customizing the perfect gown for you. A 10% discount will be granted off of any Modern Trousseau purchase made during this exclusive trunk show.
Ring us at 860.669.4596 to secure a spot for this event,which is sure to quickly book up!
Photo credit for the graphic above comes from photographer Carla Ten Eyck’s ‘C10 Studio’ E-Zine, follow the link to check out an incredible article depicting the making of a couture gown from Modern Trousseau on page 8. It is sure to get you in the mood for this upcoming event! And while you’re at it, flip through the rest of the magazine- there’s enough bridal eye candy to keep you inspired for years!
At The White Dress by the shore we aim to make the experience of shopping for your gown as memorable as the day you wear it. With that said, we understand that bridal gown shopping may be a brand new venture full of questions. The bridal industry works a little differently from the rest of the fashion world and the intention of this ‘Frequently Asked Questions Series’ is to help make your experience all the more clear, relaxing and joyful. Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or ring us at the shop 860.669.4596 with any further questions, we are happy to help!
photo credit Scandavian Photography
1. What is the time frame for purchasing a bridal gown, a mother of the occasion gown, a brides maids dress, accessories?
- The ideal time to purchase your bridal gown is 9 months before the date of your wedding to allow time for production and alterations.
- Rush orders can most likely be accommodated at an additional fee.
- If you’re short on time you can always purchase a sample gown to avoid the ordering process all together- Check our sample sale page!
- A Mother of the Occasion gown should be purchased a minimum of 5 months before the wedding date to allow time for production and alterations.
- Bridesmaids dresses should be purchased at least 6 months before the wedding date to allow time for production and alterations. For more details on ordering dresses for a bridal party, take a look at our attendants ordering page.
photo credit Steve Depino
- Accessories (shoes, veil, jewels, etc.) should be ordered at least a month before the date of the wedding.
2. What is a trunk show?
- During a trunk show one designer lends us samples from their collection to allow our brides to see the full breadth of their collection.
- The designer or a company representative is usually on hand to aid you in the selection of the perfect look for you.
- As an incentive to purchase at the trunk show, brides are offered a discount off of the original price of the gown or accessory.
- Be sure to check The Blushing Blog frequently for news about upcoming trunk shows and other great events!
3. Whats’ to expect at a sample sale?
- The White Dress by the shore organizes two sample sales per year although samples are available year round. Check our sample sale page!
- During a sample sale all the gowns are available for purchase “off the rack”.
- The advantage of purchasing during a sample sale is that you save 10% off the already discounted prices.
- Please read our Sample Sale Guidlines which further explain what to expect during one of these events.
4. Can I purchase a gown from you if you don’t carry the designer?
- Gowns and accessories can only be purchased from the collections we currently carry. For a full list of these collections please visit the collections portion of our website.
5. How does bridal sizing differ from my normal dress size?
- Your ‘bridal’ size may differ 1-2 sizes up from your normal dress size. While this may not seem to make much sense, dont worry, it is just industry standard.
- For example, if you normally wear a size 6 you may wear a bridal size 8 or 10.
- When purchasing your gown the size ordered will be reflective of your largest measurement- this is to ensure that we have a great fit in that area; your gown will be sculpted to fit your body during your alterations.
6. How do I purchase a gown if I don’t fit into the sample in the store?
- We usually sample our gowns in bridal size 8-12.
- With that said, we do have a variety of gorgeous gowns in sizes 16-20 as well as some smaller sizes.
- Keep in mind that when trying on these gowns you are mostly likely not trying on the size you will order- this requires a bit of vision but believe us, we have a few tricks of the trade.
photo credit Alissa Dineen