Archive for the ‘What We’re Loving’ Category
Our Haute Bride Accessories Trunk Show is only a week away from Thursday, June 20th to 22nd! To prepare you for all the sparkling beauty that lies ahead, we’ve posted images from Haute Bride’s recent ad campaign and a few of our favorite Rose Gold stunners from the collection! Don’t forget, this trunk show provides us the unique opportunity for you to view the entire Spring 2014 collection and you will receive 10% off of your first Haute Bride purchase and 15% off additional pieces of equal or lesser value!
Ring us at 860.669.4596 to book your appointment!
We’d like the send the warmest well wishes to our amazing Store Manager, Rachel and her fiance, Danny on their wedding day! We love you both and can’t wait to see you tie the knot by the shore!
Stay tuned to the blog to check in the coming weeks to check out Rachel’s gown and all the other glorious wedding details!
Last night marked the annual event when the brightest starts in fashion come out in all of their glamorous glory~ The Met Gala. As this year’s theme was “Punk: Chaos to Couture”, it brought the swanky fete to the next level! There were some interesting and questionable fashion choices (ah hem…Kim Kardashian), but I have decided focus this post on my loves. Below are my favorite picks of the evening. Most, like my taste, are a little more classic with a nod to vintage. But, I adore them all nonetheless!
Gwyneth Paltrow in Valentino Couture This color is divine!
Jennifer Lawrence in Dior, of course! This entire look is perfection. The only punk to be seen is the spikes on her shoes…but my opinion is that sometimes a touch, is just enough!
Julianne Hough in Top Shop ( I applaud her stylist, who is doing an amazing job with her looks these days!)
Katie Holmes in Calvin Klein- I love the edgy hair with the romantic gown.
Jessica Alba in Tory Burch- I love this front key hole. It is my favorite new neckline of the season!
Tell us, which gowns are your fave?
Images courtesy of the Huffington Post
Is it just us, or does everyone have ‘Spring Fever’? With the warmer weather now upon us we are dreaming of weddings inspired by our two favorite pastels- mint and blush. You’ll know they’re our favorites if you head over to our Pinterest page and check out the two boards devoted to the hues- ‘Mad about Mint’ and ‘Blushing Bride’. Below, we pulled some of the images from our Pinterest collection to create a board that is sure to get you ready for spring- if the fever hasn’t hit you yet!
*all images sourced via Pinterest
After 28 years together in work and in love the names behind the famed brand Badgley Mischka, Mark Badgley and James Mischka, tied the knot this past weekend in a private court house ceremony. The couple, who met at Parsons School of Design and launched their label in 1988, have been hailed by Vogue as one of the “Top 10 American Designers”.
We are proud to carry select styles of this powerhouse’s bridal shoe brand. We have curated a collection you are sure to love- sparkle, platforms, flowers and broches- there is sure to be something to please every bride, mother and maid.
Ring us at 860.669.4596 to book your spot for an accessories appointment so we can complete your look head to toe!
Of course strapless is always in style but we are seeing a shift and it’s now en vogue to show a little less skin when walking down the aisle (think Princess Kate). Of course you can achieve this with straps or sleeves but you may also consider a cover up- including, a separate bolero, jacket or shrug when searching for this option. Whether you’re looking for more coverage to change up your look, as a matter of modesty, or for warmth, we have a variety of choices that will get your heart racing. Our coverage options can take any gown from simple to stunning in just a matter of moments- scroll below to take a peek at our collection photographed on one of our favorite simple, sweet heart dresses…
1. Moyna ‘Ruffle Bolero’: This design is for a bride who wants to add a little something extra to her wedding day ensemble- not necessarily for coverage but to highlight her personal style. It’s lightweight, full of texture and the blushy tone is just perfect for an outdoor wedding on a cool summer night.
2. Modern Trousseau ’Lace Jacket with Sleeves and Back Buttons’, $750: This exquisite piece by Modern Trousseau is designed to work under or over an already existing gown yet the result looks as if the dress had been made with this piece attached. The bateau neckline is extremely elegant and flattering on the bride who wishes to show a little less skin- or just one who loves lace! This design can be customized to accomodate a desired sleeve length or neckline.
3. Jenny Yoo ’Addison Top’, $390: This piece can be worn two ways- as a high neckline and a “v” in the back or opposite as a v-neck jacket with front bow. We love the diversity this piece gives- anything that can be worn multiple ways is a winner in our book! We also love the light, delicate lace pattern- its not too heavy on even the simplest gown. Choose this piece at a garden party wedding and you’re sure to be the belle of the ball.
4. Jenny Yoo ‘Bianca Bolero’, $350: This new arrival features a lace mandrin colar and beautiful cap sleeves. A classic bolero, this piece pairs beautifully with any lace (or non-lace) gown.
5. Ivy & Aster ‘First Date Bolero’, $150: Not so into lace? Meet Ivy & Aster’s angora bolero available in ivory, black and soft gray. If you have an outdoor spring or autumn wedding planned this piece will be a lifesaver once the sun sets. Its warm, easy and elegant. And the price is divine as well!
6. Augusta Jones ‘Jayma Jacket’, $850: This is another piece that is designed to go under the dress to create the illusion of a sheer, yet higher neckline. We are in love with the placement of the lace detail on the front- so regal. The sleeve length hits at about 3/4′s of the way down your arm which we think is super flattering. This piece totally transforms any dress we pair it with.
7. Augusta Jones ‘Elle Jacket’, $1200: This is our most full coverage option- the Elle Jacket can slip over an existing gown to create an incredibly romantic look reminiscent of Grace Kelly. Back buttons, lace and a little bit of glitz. Who doesn’t want to look like a princess?
Now that we’ve got you dreaming of one of these wedding day looks give us a ring at 860.669.4596 to book an appointment to view or collection.
Maybe it’s all of this chilly weather that has got us thinking of lush, lavish fabrics but we can’t stop obsessing over velvet everything, as of late. We think its rich texture makes a substantial and elegant addition to any wedding palate. Scroll below to see a few ways we envision velvet working its way into your wedding day.
1. Renting furniture to fit the feeling you imagine for your big day can make all the difference- transform any old ball room into something grand with a deep gray velvet couch like this one to designate the space.
2. Picture your ring bearer walking down the aisle with this sweet little velvet bow tie- how dashing he will be!
3. We always love a good statement heel on your wedding day. What about a pair like these- soft velvet and a chunky wood heel adds a unique twist to your wedding ensemble.
4. We think this pale green velvet bow would look adorable on the head any flower girl but we sort of want it for ourselves as well!
5. Keep the velvet vibe coming with this tactile guest book- we can’t we enough of the color- it’s so TWD!
6. What a perfect gift for maids- a stylish crushed velvet clutch they will want to use the day of your wedding and everyday after! We love how the chunky gold chain gives the bag its modern attitude.
Now tell us, would you consider incorporating velvet into your wedding day?
*all images courtesy of Pinterest